Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Presentation Links

Links for Presentation for My Bus Driver

My Websites:

Positives:
-Focus on helping urban youth
-Lots of virtual worlds and games to explore
-Relies on kids teaching kids and connecting them to the world

-Attractive website
-Lots of active learning with games to test your skills
-Focused on one topic---Geography

-Easy to navigate
-Does not lump people together, uses words like most and on average
-Most world issues that we seek to explore today available

Negatives:
-Limited use outside of NYC
-Geared only toward urban youth, though this type of education could help anyone

-Finding computer lab time, in order to use this with an entire class
-Time in general to incorporate this website in your lessons

-Not all countries are represented
-Perspective of Australia as opposed to a joint effort

Use in My Classroom:
-I do not see using this particular website in my classroom.  Why?

-I teach 7th grade social studies and this seems to be a tool that I will incorporate into my
classes often.  Why?

-I would like to use this for research purposes in my high school classes.  Why?


No comments: